viernes, 4 de diciembre de 2009

things that make me happy while abroad

Umm as lame as it is, I sometimes need to be reminded of all the amazingness that emits out from the good ol USA. If I am feeling sad, I simply do, eat, watch of the things below and instantly feel better

1. peanut butter. its insane how just one bite can bring me back to pb and j sandwiches at pleasantdale middle school. theres nothing more american than peanut butter.

2. megavideo. dear god, thank you so much for creating megavideo. without megavideo, my life would truly be drama free. megavideo gives me:
gossip girl
90210
project runway
heroes
and last but now least, my new obsession, Glee! how can a bunch of horny gay teenagers singing kanye west NOT cheer you up!

3. US weekly, in touch, and every book ever written in english. Shocking but true, but reading in ones native language while lost in a world of a totally different language is strangely comforting.

4. listening to 80s classic rock. there is a complete and utter lack of american 80´s music in spain, therefore upon listening to my lovely seleccion via Itunes, I feel just like I am driving in the bonneville with MJ listening to john mellencamp or something.

5. being in a car. (ok even though they are stick shift and 30 times smaller, it still counts). Living in the land of the metro, its extremely awesome to flick open that car door, sit down, recline that seat into action, crack the window, close my eyes...feeeeell the wind!!!

6. being in a swimming pool. its so crazy that regardless of continent, you can completely submerge yourself in water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats all I can think of for now, but I am sure I will continuely add to this list.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario